shearing machine safety precautions
In order to standardize the operator’s work behavior and ensure human-machine safety. Prevent product rework and scrap due to human negligence, and promote standardization of operations.shearing machine safety precautions
2. Scope of application
It is suitable for the operation control of the shearing machine of the production department of our company.
3. Working principle
Shearing machine is based on moving upper blades and fixed lower blades, using reasonable blade clearance, to apply shearing force to metal plates of various thicknesses, so that the plates are broken and separated according to the required size. Shearing machine can be divided into: foot-operated, mechanical shearing machine, hydraulic swing beam shearing machine,guillotine shearing machine and so on. Shearing machine are often used to cut sheet blanks with straight edges. The shearing process should be able to ensure the straightness and parallelism of the sheared surface of the cut sheet, and minimize the distortion of the sheet to obtain high-quality work.shearing machine safety precautions
Relevant production personnel are responsible for boring confirmation and quality assurance during the production process.
5. Working Procedure
5.1 Material selection
Relevant workers select the required materials according to production requirements: When selecting, pay attention to the color, level, layer type, thickness, width, and strength of the materials, and whether they are consistent with the requirements on the production order. The remaining material should be used first.
5.2 Machine startup and shutdown
When starting the machine, first turn on the main control power lock on the electrical cabinet, put the switch to the “ON” state, and then turn on the power switch on the main console to the “ON” position. When shutting down, first turn the main control switch to the “OFF” state, and then turn the power switch on the electric cabinet to the “OFF” state to lock the cabinet.shearing machine safety precautions
5.3 Matters needing attention in the use of shearing machine:
5.3.1 Start the shearing machine to idle for several cycles to ensure that under normal circumstances, test cutting of different thickness sheets, from thin to thick. Ensure that the operator is familiar with the shearing machine performance.
5.3.2 The gap between different blades must be adjusted when testing different plate thicknesses. If the corresponding blade clearance is not adjusted, the durability of the blade will be affected.shearing machine safety precautions
5.3.3 Sound balance during operation. If there is noise in the shearing machine, stop and check.
5.3.4 When the shearing machine is in operation, the temperature of the fuel tank is increased to <60 degrees, and when it exceeds, the machine will be shut down and rested.shearing machine safety precautions
5.4 Operating Procedure
5.4.1 Operational preparation
1) Wear tight-fitting protective covers and cuffs before operation. The hem of the shirt must not be opened. Do not wear or take off clothes beside the starting machine or wrap it around your body to prevent the machine from being injured. You must wear a hard hat. The braid should be put in the hat. Skirts and slippers must not be worn.
2) The operator of this machine must be familiar with the main structure, performance and usage of the shearing machine.shearing machine safety precautions
3) This machine is suitable for cutting all kinds of steel plates, copper plates, aluminum plates and non-metallic material plates with the thickness of the machine tool. The material must be free of hard marks, welding slag, slag inclusions, and welds.Extra thickness is not allowed.
4) All parts of the machine tool should be kept lubricated frequently. The operator should fill the lubricating oil once every shift, and the mechanic should fill the rolling bearing part once every six months.
5.4.2 Operating procedures
1) The operator must be familiar with the general structure and performance of the equipment. It is strictly forbidden to use the equipment beyond its performance.
2) Before starting, add grease according to the equipment lubrication regulations, check the oil quantity and quality of the oil cup, and close the lid of the oil cup hole.shearing machine safety precautions
3) Before work, the cutting edge of the blade must be kept sharp. If the cutting edge becomes dull or cracks, it should be sharpened or replaced in time. The blade should be fastened firmly, the blades must be close to each other, and the upper and lower blade surfaces must be parallel. After adjustment, manual turning inspection should be used to avoid accidents. The blade gap should be determined according to the thickness of the shearing steel plate, which is generally between 5 and 7% of the thickness of the sheet being sheared. For each gap adjustment, the flywheel should be turned by hand to make the upper and lower blades reciprocate once, and check the gap with an auxiliary measuring tool. Suitable to prevent the spring from breaking or damaging the cutting edge.
4) It is not allowed to cut 2 different specifications and different materials at the same time. The cut sheet must have a flat surface. It is not allowed to trim the edges of the burr sheet, and it is not allowed to cut the narrow sheet and short material that are not tight.
5) Adjust the master and fixture according to the requirements of the cutting workpiece. Loosen the bolts of the positioning stopper, adjust the size and position of the positioning stopper, and strengthen it. Before work, you should test run empty for 2-3 times, make sure that the lubrication is good, and work can only be performed after there is no abnormality.
6) Feeding should be straight, flat and stable. Keep your fingers away from the cutter and plate pressure. Pay attention to the safety of your fingers when feeding. The special feature is that when the end of a sheet is seen, do not feed your fingers under the plate or feed your fingers into the blade. The last section of the material head is not enough 200mm and manual cutting is not allowed. You should choose auxiliary tools for cutting.
7) Do not repair or wipe the machine tool during startup. Do not put tools or other objects on the machine table to avoid entering the cutting edge to damage the blade.
8) When cutting, the pressing device should press the sheet firmly, and it is not allowed to cut under the state of pressing.
9) Install a protective fence on the shears to prevent the operator’s hands from entering the area where the scissors fall. The protective fence cannot block the operator’s eyes and cannot see the cutting part. It is strictly forbidden to pick up ground waste during work to avoid being injured by falling workpieces. The waste generated after the operation has edges and corners, and the operator should remove it in time to prevent stab wounds and cuts.
10) Protective covers must be installed on the moving parts such as the belt, flywheel, gear and shaft of the shears.
11) Pay close attention to the abnormal failure of the clamping mechanism, clutch and brake; focus on the shearing. If abnormality is found in the equipment, stop the shearing immediately, cut off the power, and notify the relevant personnel for maintenance.
12) Ensure safe production, improve work efficiency, and accidents involving personal equipment should be maintained on-site and reported to relevant departments.
13) Before work is finished, the power should be cut off, the equipment cleaned, and inspection records kept.
1) It is forbidden to cut high-speed steel, tool steel, cast iron, etc. that are excessively long and thick, and are not allowed to be cut and quenched.
2) The clutch should be disengaged before starting, the motor is not allowed to start with load.
3) shearing machine to idle for several cycles before starting. Only after idle for several cycles is tested normally it can be processed.
4) It is forbidden to cut explosive articles, bars, thin workpieces and non-metals.
5) Pay attention to whether the clutch malfunctions, whether the fastening screws are firm, and fingers cannot enter the cutting edge when feeding. It is strictly forbidden for two persons to cut different workpieces on the same machine at the same time.
6) The equipment shall be handled by a special person and shall not be used arbitrarily without approval. Usually people must stop the machine before they leave.
7) Adjustment, repair and cleaning equipment ,the machine must be stopped.
8) It is forbidden to use a percussion method to tighten the material blocking device or adjust the blade clearance. When adjusting the blade clearance, stop before carrying out.
9) It is forbidden to reach into the cutting zone or pick up and pick up the material by hand during the working operation.
When operating the shearing machine, all safety regulations must be observed;
- For whatever reason, do not allow any part of the hand or body to reach under the cutting edge or other rotating parts.
- Operation is not allowed under the blade holder
3) Do not stand in the machine tool protection area or danger area.
4) No one is allowed to be on the back of the machine or under the blade holder before the machine is working.
5) When adjusting the gap uniformity of the machine blade, the TV must be turned off.
6) During the operation of the machine, if abnormal noise is found and other abnormal conditions, the machine should be stopped immediately, and the equipment can not be used until the problem is solved.
7) When there are many people operating, you should make sure that there are no dangerous factors before you can depress the foot switch or press the button.
7 Maintenance methods of shears
7.1 Daily maintenance and upkeep:
1). After the end of each shift, the operator should clean the leftover material scattered on the front and back of the workbench; before the end of the work, he should stop after returning to the origin
2). Check whether the oil volume and nitrogen gas volume of each lubricating oil tank meet the requirements. Refuel at each manual refueling point according to regulations;
3). Check the machine guide rail and the surface of the screw rod for lubricating oil to keep it well lubricated;
4). Check and confirm the hydraulic operation;
5). Observe the cutting situation at any time during work. Press the emergency stop button immediately if there is any abnormality;
6). If you leave the machine for a long time, turn off the power to prevent non-professional operation.
1). Comprehensive cleaning of the machine every week. Lubricate each rail surface, sliding surface, rolling ball and each screw;
2). Check and tighten the tool fixing screws, transmission mechanism, handwheel, workbench support screws, and jack wires;
3). Check if the oil filter is clean, if it is dirty, it must be washed;
7.3 Monthly and Quarterly Maintenance
1). Check that each lubricating oil pipe is unobstructed, the oil window is bright, and check for deposits in the fuel tank;
2).Clean the chips and grease on the machine;
3). Refuel at each lubrication point;
4). Check all transmission parts for looseness, check the gear meshing with the rack, adjust or replace it if necessary;
5). Check and adjust the sharpness of the blade, and find that the blade is sharpened or replaced in time with bluntness;
6). Check and adjust the cutters and inserts for proper tightness and proper clearance;
7). Check the strong electric cabinet and operating platform, whether the fastening screws are loose, and use a vacuum cleaner or a hair dryer to clean the dust in the cabinet. Check whether the terminal is loose (see the electrical manual for details);shearing machine safety precautions
8). Check the performance of all buttons and selector switches. All contact points are good, no leakage and replacement of damage.
7.4 Annual maintenance
1). Check the ball screw, wash the old grease on the screw, and replace it with new grease;
2). Replace the bearing grease. When replacing, be sure to clean the bearing;
3). Clean all kinds of valves and filters, clean the bottom of the fuel tank, and change the oil according to regulations;
4). Inspect the surface of the motor commutator, remove burrs, clean the toner, and replace the carbon brush in time if it is too worn.
1). When adjusting and cleaning, the machine must be stopped.
2). On-site cleaning work, the work site is forbidden to pile up workpieces and sundries, and keep the machine tool and the site clean at all times.
3). Finished products should be stacked. After the work is completed, cut off the power, clean the machine, clean up the work place, and lock the switch box.